Saturday 6 June 2009

Week Beginning 1st June

A rapid-fire blog on the last week.

Monday was a tutorial with Adam on my webseries. I am very pleased with the progress I am amking so far. By that stage I had done out a logic diagram for the first episode. As I am working on an interactive concept, with different paths based on different choices. I am now half way through writing the script for the first episode. Because of the parallel storylines, with the same events shown from different angles, there is a lot of cut and paste going on.

The afternoon and evening (up till midnight) were taken up with preproduction for both Little Clown and Dust, interspersed by a class with Kim and a 45 minute break over dinner to watch Ashes to Ashes.

Tuesday was a day of chasing up actors for auditions.

Wednesday was a day of auditions followed by a brief class with Abigail. I feel that, having been out of the loop last week, it is taking me a bit longer to get into the rhythm back at the Academy.

Wednesday evening was a location recce for Dust. Phil and myself checked out a church down in Partick, while Benoit, who was supposed to be joining us, got lost up in Jordanhill.

Thursday was a very stressful day. Firstly I was dealing with actors, giving feedback on the auditions. Its always a hard thing to tell an actor they didn't get the part. Then I was helping Galina deal with getting Rab in for Disclosure. The evening was triple booked for me, with auditions for Little Clown clashing with a shoot for Dust and a BBQ with the Christian Union. I helped Paul in gathering needful items for the auditions, made sure the kids were all assembled for the workshop-style audition, then headed off into the West End with the crew for Dust. All was going well until we discovered the camera was broken. (See previous rant!) So we stood down and I managed to get along for the last part of the BBQ. I took the decision with Phil to postpone any further shoots of Dust until Little Clown is over. This may mean we are shooting in the Summer.

Friday was a calmer day. I gave feedback to the kids regarding the audition. It's even worse with kids. I dealt with Nikki's Disclosure form and sent the Dust cast and crew information on what was happening with the shoot. I also attended a Film Festival meeting (after it was over) and had a class with Abigail to update her on proceedings. In the evening I continued work on Adam's assignment and ate far too much pasta.

I am heading out momentarily to meet with the parents of the child we have cast and then to scout out Queen's Park as a location.

No comments: