Friday 31 October 2008

WB 20/10

Week 4. After a horrible cold at the weekend, I found the earlier part of the week rather taxing. I was very disappointed with Citizen Kane. I was expecting to be utterly blown away, and was mildly wafted. I surmised that I was disillusioned with all films, having seen too many recently to be in a mood to see more. Then I forced myself to watch Thelma and Louise for screenwriting, and was delighted with it. So I must simply return it upon Kane that I found his film to be merely a 3-star good. (For the record, that’s lower in my estimation than Carry on Cleo, which I very much enjoy.) Technical slowly picked itself up a bit. We now know how to put up a tripod… When I mentioned to friends, that after a month at the Academy I now knew how to put up a tripod, they questioned the worth of the course.

No comments: