Monday 3 November 2008

Week Beginning 27/10

The week kicked off to a good start in the screenwriting course, looking at 3-act structure. A lot of this I had read about before, but it was useful to have it explained in person, being able to ask questions of areas that confused me. Richard gave us several good tips. In terms of technical, we have been looking at the monitor and the viewfinder. I found this very instructive as previously I had jusged picture quality be eye, and it had always been hit or miss whether the final quality was any good. The highlight of the week was editing a motorcycle video. Despite the low acting quality of the two characters in the video, I put together a piece I felt genuinely proud of, given the time constraints. I had forgotten how satisfying it can be to edit a film. Looking ahead to entering a short film competition in the next fortnight, along with several others in the class. Good to have a project to work towards.

No comments: